KAS Detailed Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria and Syllabus 2018
KAS is conducting for Direct recruitment to the second level of gazetted posts (i.e; Deputy Collector & equivalent) in selected Departments of the State Govt. The standard of Preliminary Examination is of degree level.
The final details regarding age, syllabus, pattern etc for KAS Examination will be notified by the Kerala PSC. The exam would be conducted in 3 stages:
1. Preliminary Examination
The syllabus is likely to cover the following:
- History & Culture of Kerala – Indian History,(Ancient, Medieval and Modern History) Socio-Cultural and Political movements, including Freedom Movement.
- Kerala Renaissance.
- Development programmes of Government both at the Centre and State.
- Demographic and Social Issues – Child Labour, Protection, Welfare and Empowerment of Women and Children, Problems of senior citizens etc.
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of Kerala, India, and World.
- Polity – Political System– Indian Constitution, Public Administration, important Legislations of Central and State Governments, Panchayati Raj etc.
- Public policy, Right issues etc.
- Indian Economy, Economic Development Strategies, Niti Ayog, Planning. “Kerala model” of development and its challenges, Inclusive growth etc
- Environment and Development, Bio-diversity, Climate Change with special reference to Kerala,
- Disaster Risk Management – Man-made disasters and Natural disasters, mitigation and response mechanism.
- Current affairs of State, National, and International importance.
- General Knowledge including Books & authors, Sports, General Science and Technology
- English Language Comprehension Skills, Précis writing, Essay writing
- Translation from English to Malayalam and vice-versa.
- World History in brief.
- Indian Foreign Policy – Basics, Evolution, Changing dynamics.
- UN Systems- Evolution and Relevance, India’s membership in United Nation’s Security Council. International/Regional Organizations/ SAARC, ASEAN, EU etc.
- Malayalam Language and Literature.
- Logical reasoning and Analytical ability, Numerical ability, Data interpretation, Numbers and their relation etc.
- National Security, Internal Security threats, Insurgency.
- International terrorism, Types of terrorism – Origin, and Evolution
- Nuclear & Space programmes.
- Science & Technology, Artificial intelligence, Robotics, Nanotechnology, Cloud computing, genomics, Biotechnology.
- Multilateral Financial and Banking Organizations – WTO, IMF, ADB, AIIB, BRICS Bank.